Monday, May 23, 2005

Let the Games Begin

I have an announcement.
After years of swearing i would never do it, i have decided to get married after all. The trouble is, I do not know to whom.
Having grown exasperated by the air of competition that inevitably surrounds my romantic life, I have decided to do this the old fashioned way.
We shall have a tournament, and a duel to the death.
Thats right. He who would have me will have to slay his competition in fair single combat. Shall this be a gladiator style spectacle, or a private duel by dark of moonless night? I cannot decide. I supose we shall see who enters.
I sense some people shifting uncomfortably as they read this thinking, she must be kidding, right?
Not at all.
According to the rules of love devised by the troubadors, a woman would be expected to issue such challenges to her suitors. She would be considered "sauvage" should she give her favors to one without the benefit of such a trial. If her demands were too bloodthirsty, however, she was also sauvage. So, we must find exactly the proper balance of high standards tempered with reason and mercy, mustnt we?
yes we certainly must.
Perhaps some of you do not feel up to this? perhaps, regardless of wild protestsations of undying devotion, it may be that some will draw the line here.
Here is the mercy part then.
If you do not consider the opportunity to win the hand of the lady fair worth bloodying your own, I will devise a Quest Impossible, consisting of 3 challenges, each more difficult than the last.
Not into impossible quests either? Damn you lazy good-for-nothings! It is a sad, degenerate age we live in. Perhaps then we could end all this talk of winning me.
After all, im not a trophy.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the hell, I'm in.

"Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!" Why does this quote make me think of Miss S?

As a warning to all my potential competitors: I will be slaying you in your sleep, not mounted on horse back or in a ring under moonlight. You have been warned.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me'thinks the Lady 'doth
protest too much...

2:13 PM  
Blogger idnami said...

dave, i said FAIR SINGLE COMBAT.
such underhanded dealings would deprive me of my sport and instantly disqualify you.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not entirely actually, see if everyone was dead then he could kidnap you and ride off into the sunset

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salutations, crow...

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home