Sunday, May 08, 2005

testing...

we are living at a time when many doors are standing open between this world and others. strange energies are pouring through in either direction. the web on this side is being infused with new colors. rampant change is confusing everything. karma is having its way with us, my friends. old unresolved energies are being called in and straightened out. i picture something like a cosmic bike shop. forgotten vehicles of movement being pulled out of garages, cleaned, oiled and repaired or sent to scrap, as appropriate. maybe its just me who feels this. especially the bike part. my bike is like my broomstick, and i have a magickal/mystic connection to it. it gives me a huge sense of mobility and power, much as the currents of energy moving right now do.
but maybe im crazy.
im sorry, did i say i was going to be in a vampire movie?
im going to have to write one first.
the rehearsal; we practiced swinging swords around, which was fun, but since i had not yet seen the script i still had no idea why. then he showed us. i read it and thought for a while. he asked me what i thought, and i mentioned it seemed kind of short with not much character development. he told me his writer was a very busy guy who didnt have time to do much with the script. i suggested that i could perhaps do some work on it and reminded him of the monologue which had got me into it. he seemed pretty pleased and assured me that i would get a writers credit. i have no idea if i can make something good out of this but i had to do something. this poor script needs SOMEONE to love it. and i need a writing project, because kink, art, guides, acting in this movie (if i can write a part id actually want) vying for the corporate sales and advertising position at work and keeping my overflowing social life under control isnt enough to do.
i am crazy.

the customer who wished me more than i expected on the weekend was back that morning. i told him that his wish worked. he said "is there something you would like today then?" I told him about the film thing and he said "may your fangs be sharper than neccessary, and your talents beyond this world!" this guy is awesome. he is probably in his 50's with long grey hair and a long bushy grey beard. he also wears a red coat(he works for impark), like some kind of santa claus figure distorted with real world living. he is very jolly.

destiny dances
music too loud for sleeping
wake and sing with us

here is the monologue i auditioned with.

I am a cold mean killer. Don’t look at me like that, it’s true. There’s no difference between me and any monster out there, really. I like what I do.
I wasn’t always this way. When I was a kid I couldn’t stand to watch anything suffer, to see life just …end. It seemed so cruel. The sight of blood horrified me.
One day I was walking near the edge of the forest. This massive bird like a hawk or something, with claws like I had never seen comes out of the sky. It landed on a tree branch very close to me and I stopped dead and we watched each other for a long time.
Finally it spread its wings and swooped in my direction. I thought it would attack me but it grabbed a mouse out of the grass. I heard a tiny scream and saw the tail thrash as its body was crushed in one talon and swallowed whole before the bird returned to the branch.
Then I understood.
Some things have to die, and some things have to kill.
A world too full of life will choke on itself.
That’s where I come in, the little service I perform. Think of me as a gardener pulling weeds.
A special kind of natural selection, sudden violent seduction, your heart and mine beating as one. Lovers thrashing in the dark, married in your bleeding. I pull you deep into me. You are finally, exquisitely aware of things you never dared to face before looking into my eyes. Your pain, your love, your fear and all that you could ever be are focused to a single, trembling pinpoint of light that I crush out in the palm of my hand. In the silence that once was filled with the sound of your panicked breath I rise on the wings of a power you never knew you posessed. Your puny being is glorified in me at the moment you stop existing.
Its lovelier than you can imagine, and necessary too! You really ought to thank me, darling.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"we are living at a time when many doors are standing open between this world and others"

They've been saying things like that since the 60's. I think it's just the acid. Maybe it's me. Maybe it's just you who have finally recognized or tapped into something that has been happening for a very long time. Only, in your self indulgent ways, you feel that it's all about you. I say it's all about Jello.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home