Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Nothingmuch

My horoscope today said:
You’ll have some interesting ideas about your future and how to make changes leading to a better life. Personal alterations will turn out better than you expect.

Today a Thing of Great Importance has taken place.
The happy masochist has escaped me and the nothing is freed at last.

I picked up my bag to leave a good friends house after a significant conversation. Instead of taking the strap I grabbed it by the masochist. The old, frayed yoyo string with which I tightly and cruelly bound him 3 years ago finally snapped.
The story, for those of you who do not know, is that the masochist guards the nothing until he himself escapes, then the nothing is released and becomes something. It was thought that one could impress ones will on it at the moment of emergence, if one was quick. I was quick and grabbed on. The conversation had been intense and the room still resonated with Ideas.
I saw all the seemingly unrelated fragments of my life and myself suddenly spin themselves into a single thread, condense into a point of microscopic brilliance in which a vast universe slept, awaiting birth. I know I will bring this forth, if I am not too afraid to. One word, one song, one image at a time if need be, and this world will be more aware of its divinity and beauty because I have done so.
I was luckily with someone who could apreciate what was happening. not everyone would have looked at a girl kneeling over a backpack with a battered yellow doll in her hand and a beatific expression on her face, and realized that a sacred event was taking place that would dramatically alter the course of the development of All That Is. How many others might understand the magic in the breaking of a string, the last tether holding the old order in place? They might instead think she was a little crazy, or having a petit mal seizure.
The nothing is much, much bigger than I thought; I could feel a trail of it drifting behind me as I rode away. It has not stopped leaking yet. It seems the backpack is not just a container, but is in fact a portal to a whole lot of it, and this may go on for some time, so everyone, be very careful what you think for awhile.
We all have the creative powers of gods right now.
Nothing to get excited about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home