Monday, September 19, 2005

I love to ride my bicycle

morning city streets
we zoom
Zoomhilda and I, singing
race
into the sunrise
all the open space
I need
is blowing in my face
at breakneck speed
I breathe
a flying song
and heave
it, transformed,
out
upon my ragged panting breath
it is the best hymn I can sing
it warns the unsuspecting up ahead pedestrians
that I am right behind them
wakes em up
At night
oh how I love to ride my bike
beneath the manic moon
her orbits teach my sprockets how to spin
she illustrates to me how to most graceful glide
rising
or descending
in the friendly night
I ride
with perfect confidence
by day
there is no greater sense
of freedom
I am praying
my jubilant prayers in fearless song
composed at 40kph

1 Comments:

Blogger Nephilim said...

Beautiful poem....

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home